Sony Alpha a77II

Three-way articulating 3" 1229K-dot LCD
High-resolution 2.4M-dot OLED TruFinder EVF
Alpha A-mount
Magnesium Alloy body panels
Dual media support (Memory Stick PRO Duo/SD)

susi

Registered: Sep 28, 2004
Review Date: Sep 11, 2015 Recommend? yes | Price paid: $3,300.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Light weight, Vintage look, easy to learn, uses adapter, quick focus with native lens, so easy to carry around all day, very sharp pictures with the sony 55 f/1.8 (Only lens I have bought so far ) Images are just as good as any DSLR I have used. Includes 2 batteries Great looking camera, well built.
Cons:
Not many wide aperture lens choices, hunts with adapter, viewfinder shows pic right after taking and can be a little confusing coming from a DSLR, pricey, batteries not the best,

(This review is for the Sony A7R ll, just realized this camera is not on here yet )I bought this camera after suffering a rotator cuff tear and have impending surgery (This is my 2nd time ) so I decided to switch to much lighter gear and can even shoot this camera with one hand if needed. It is very light after coming from 5DMKlll . I got the Sony 55 f/1,8 lens to start with and I was in awe when I saw the first pix I took with it. Very sharp images ! You can see my first samples here :
This camera is just a joy to shoot with because of its fast focus and ease of carrying . Perfect for travel , but I can also see shooting a wedding with this and not being worn out by the weight.
The manual controls are easy to figure out. The ISO stay in auto , so be sure and switch this if you like your own controls.
The front mode wheel is too close to the on/off button and you will find yourself turning off the camera accidentally , but this will become easy to avoid, to once you learn the camera well.
The view finder also takes some getting used to, as it displays the image as you take it , which was a little strange , but as soon as you hit the shutter it goes away.
Since its so small folks tend to think you are using a point and shoot (had to explain to my first couple clients that, no, this is a pro camera Smile
I tend to shoot medium RAW as I don't see a need for huge files, but for those who want huge, this camera will not disappoint !
Its a keeper, now selling most of my canon gear and keeping this little gem. Love it more every time I use it !

Sep 11, 2015
View profile View recent posts View reviews Visit Homepage Add susi to your Buddy List

Sony Alpha a77II