Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Chris Court's message #14009592 « Replace Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II - YES or NO ? »

Chris Court
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Replace Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II - YES or NO ?

I've always found my VRII to perform spectacularly on D800 bodies. I've only recently snagged a D810, so can't yet attest as to how the lens works with it, but I have no reason to believe it would be a lesser combo in any way.

Although by all accounts the E is a better lens, given my satisfaction with the existing model, the expense of updating and the fact that money does not grow on trees (alas!), I'm not feeling any great urge to update to the new version at this point.

C

PS. Attached random shot with 100% crop to demonstrate typical sharpness (VRII)

Apr 22, 2017 at 09:45 AM
Chris Court
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Replace Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II - YES or NO ?

I've always found my VII to perform spectacularly on D800 bodies. I've only recently snagged a D810, so can't yet attest as to how the lens works with it, but I have no reason to believe it would be a lesser combo in any way.

Although by all accounts the FL is a better lens, given my satisfaction with the existing model, the expense of updating and the fact that money does not grow on trees (alas!), I'm not feeling any great urge to update to the new version at this point.

C

PS. Attached random shot with 100% crop to demonstrate typical sharpness (VRII)

Apr 21, 2017 at 03:59 PM

Previous versions of Chris Court's message #14009592 « Replace Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II - YES or NO ? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.