Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of drobertfranz's message #13969836 « Astrophotography with 6D vs 5D mark IV »

drobertfranz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Astrophotography with 6D vs 5D mark IV

Jeff wrote:
conyon wrote:
5dsr not good for astro, why is that?

RobDickinson wrote:
Because the noise level is hideous. as bad as a crop camera really. Canon have optimised it for low ISO resolution

Do you have any examples? And, does your assertion apply to same-sized prints (even though I realize the 5Ds was brought up for its increased resolution)?

7DII is postulated at Clarkvision as having some of the best astrophotography characteristics of any Canon sensor, and the pixel size is virtually the same as the 5Ds. Wish Roger would look at the 5Ds.

I used the 5dsr last summer for some astro (milky way) photography and had fine results with it. I have a gorgeous 20 x30" print on metal hanging in my living room.. No visible noise. The noise isn't quite as well controlled as my 1DX but it's close. It's easily as good if not a bit better than my 5d3. I'll show a 5dsr image shot at ISO 6400 30 seconds at F2 with a 35mm F1.4 lens. Processed in DPP with no sharpening or NR.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Previous versions of drobertfranz's message #13969836 « Astrophotography with 6D vs 5D mark IV »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.