Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bacalhau's message #13964931 « Ball + Geared Hybrid Head »

Bacalhau
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Ball + Geared Hybrid Head

Thanks once again for your insights really appreciate them.
My fear with the cube is finding that is too much of a specialized gear or worst yet, that would be the right one after gone with other choice.....
Aside price itself, there is the usability while shooting outside - it's not a fast setup, it's heavier than all others and it might not like mud, and dirt that much. Not that toss my gear on it, but it happens to be everywhere, mostly when I am shooting mushrooms and wildflowers for instance.
Have you ever tried the linholf heads? they seem very similar to the cube, but more compact.

Last night I played a bit with the T5, add up the macro rail and a panno plate, and then mounted the 1Dx with l bracket, and the leica apo 100mm. It hold very well, with no sag, but showed some struggle when I was removing tilt per say, and the friction knob, does click going thru the set numbers when you tight it up.

I think that the geared D4 is out of consideration, but.....(sigh) I think that I have to get the cube in for consideration too.
my biggest draw against the cube aside cost, is that is such a specialized tool, that hinders using it for everyday - talking about mainly having all movements under gear tension

Mar 17, 2017 at 01:35 PM

Previous versions of Bacalhau's message #13964931 « Ball + Geared Hybrid Head »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.