1       2       3              1523      
       1525              1527       1528       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Elijah
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1524 #1 · p.1524 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Elijah, I warned you before about 35cron. Though, I heard by removing front glass element of 35cron, you got f1.4

Definitely gonna try that. Do I have to use special Leica gloves to remove the front element?

Oh and I heard @blakehfreeman is getting an M10!!!! How exciting!

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1524 #2 · p.1524 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Enabler... and my wife knows cameras, she was onto you the moment you mentioned "M10." Nice try though!

Elijah wrote:
Definitely gonna try that. Do I have to use special Leica gloves to remove the front element?

Oh and I heard @blakehfreeman@ is getting an M10!!!! How exciting!

Oct 13, 2017 at 01:25 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1524 #3 · p.1524 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Went out with the wifey today...

LEICA M10    Summicron-M 1:2/35 ASPH. lens    35mm    1/500s    100 ISO    +0.6 EV  

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:18 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1524 #4 · p.1524 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

How are you liking the experience Elijah?..

Elijah wrote:
Went out with the wifey today...

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:30 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1524 #5 · p.1524 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Blakehfreeman wrote:
How are you liking the experience Elijah?..

One word: LOVELOVELOVE.

Even the wife loves the camera because she says it's easier to use than my D750
She got the hang of the focusing using the rangefinder real fast! The live view focus peaking is also fantastic, if I ever need to use it.

For me, it's the experience using this fine piece of engineering. Every piece is top notch, engineered and machined to perfection.
I am a HUGE fan of simplicity. I have yet to see a simpler design when it comes to a full frame camera.
My whole Nikon lineup will stay home from now on, unless I'm shooting weddings, engagements, etc.
Anything that involves travel, personal use, outing will be shot with an M10. I guess I should say I regained my "excitement" in photography

Also, let's not forget to appreciate the size of this M10... One of the reasons I bought this camera in the first place.

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:43 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1524 #6 · p.1524 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Gary, Very nice capture. Nice composition.
Zipe, A winner.
Charles, Sooner or later,,,,Sooner or later.
Elijah, I warned you before about 35cron. Though, I heard by removing front glass element of 35cron, you got f1.4

I continue use the lens I am not sure a lot until I understand it. Here are more 90APO shots, I feel better now. It will not win any Bokeh award, but it looks good under this condition. Medium distance WO. The slightly low contrast WO at close distance can be sharp up to improve. at about 470g, there is no lens perform better for
...Show more

I like how this lens flares, Zhangyue. The effect is esthetically very nice. Does it flare easily?

Oct 13, 2017 at 03:05 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1524 #7 · p.1524 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

That silhouette looks like a zoom but I'll give you the size difference! I love rangefinder photography and have wanted to get back into it since film! Don't tempt me!

Elijah wrote:
One word: LOVELOVELOVE.

Even the wife loves the camera because she says it's easier to use than my D750
She got the hang of the focusing using the rangefinder real fast! The live view focus peaking is also fantastic, if I ever need to use it.

For me, it's the experience using this fine piece of engineering. Every piece is top notch, engineered and machined to perfection.
I am a HUGE fan of simplicity. I have yet to see a simpler design when it comes to a full frame camera.
My whole Nikon lineup will stay home from now on, unless
...Show more

Oct 13, 2017 at 03:31 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1524 #8 · p.1524 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Blakehfreeman wrote:
That silhouette looks like a zoom but I'll give you the size difference! I love rangefinder photography and have wanted to get back into it since film! Don't tempt me!

Oct 13, 2017 at 03:35 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1524 #9 · p.1524 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

It is about as bad as 50lux which is not good for flare compare to modern lens I wonít say it is noticeable worse than other long lens I had. My past experience is always long lens has more prone to flare than wide.

Itís bokeh is quite tricky. TBH, I can only rate it is neutral even though it can produce beautiful image which is not that difficult for lens longer than 75 with max aperture f2.

It is also not really a high contrast lens compare to modern Zeiss though resolution at infinity is very impressive so a little sharpening and contrast will do it. And CA control is better than Elmarit and Summarit 90mm, still cant say a highly color corrected lens. Some of the images I posted under go heavy CA remove in LR.

I have to visit early thread to check images from Luka to get a feeling about it. He seems love it. I might love it as well with more use. It is big in M land but smaller than almost all other tele lens at this caliber.

Hope this helps. I donít know how it compare your sonnar, a lens I always want try but also very expensive and rare.

edwardkaraa wrote:
I like how this lens flares, Zhangyue. The effect is esthetically very nice. Does it flare easily?

Oct 13, 2017 at 03:54 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1524 #10 · p.1524 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thank you Zhangyue. The Sonnar has its own problems. Flares easily but not in a nice way. Also prone to purple fringing at wide apertures in high contrast settings. It does have very nice bokeh and equally as sharp at mfd as it is at infinity. The 90 AA would be my first choice if anything happens, god forbid, to my beloved Sonnar

zhangyue wrote:
It is about as bad as 50lux which is not good for flare compare to modern lens I wonít say it is noticeable worse than other long lens I had. My past experience is always long lens has more prone to flare than wide.

Itís bokeh is quite tricky. TBH, I can only rate it is neutral even though it can produce beautiful image which is not that difficult for lens longer than 75 with max aperture f2.

It is also not really a high contrast lens compare to modern Zeiss though resolution at infinity is very impressive so
...Show more

Oct 13, 2017 at 04:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Werner_Utsch
• • • •
p.1524 #11 · p.1524 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

" Leaving The Kitchen "

Leaving The Kitchen by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Monochrom, Noctilux 1/1.0

Oct 13, 2017 at 09:11 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1524 #12 · p.1524 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

M7 ZM 35/1.4 Ektar 100 by edward karaa, on Flickr

Oct 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.1524 #13 · p.1524 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

zhangyue wrote:
Gary, Very nice capture. Nice composition.
Zipe, A winner.
Charles, Sooner or later,,,,Sooner or later.

I continue use the lens I am not sure a lot until I understand it. Here are more 90APO shots, I feel better now. It will not win any Bokeh award, but it looks good under this condition. Medium distance WO. The slightly low contrast WO at close distance can be sharp up to improve. at about 470g, there is no lens perform better for
...Show more

Hi Michael, yes I have been inquiring about the M10 already.

Your discussions relating to the 90 Cron Asph mirrors a lot of my experiences. The lens is great for portraits but I found it hard work on the M9/M240 as the focus was often difficult to nail and the smaller square for composition I really did not like. Instead my first choice was the 75 Lux and I did also have the 75 Cron Asph too. The 75mm was about the maximum I liked to use. I remember a lot of Luka's images and he was an ardent fan of the 90 Cron Pre to begin and later moved to the 90 Cron Asph. His work was a lot more strong design/graphic and bold and the 90 Cron Pre and Asph were well suited.

Oct 13, 2017 at 01:00 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.1524 #14 · p.1524 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles this is the digital M many have all been wishing for. I love mine. I think it would shine in your hands.

Oct 13, 2017 at 01:36 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1524 #15 · p.1524 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I like my 90Cron AA, very neutral rendering, but it is one of my least used lens because of weight. I end up taking my 90 Tele-E when travelling..

90 Tele-E

Oct 13, 2017 at 01:52 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.1524 #16 · p.1524 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K wrote:
Hi Michael, yes I have been inquiring about the M10 already.

Your discussions relating to the 90 Cron Asph mirrors a lot of my experiences. The lens is great for portraits but I found it hard work on the M9/M240 as the focus was often difficult to nail and the smaller square for composition I really did not like. Instead my first choice was the 75 Lux and I did also have the 75 Cron Asph too. The 75mm was about the maximum I liked to use. I remember a lot of Luka's images and he was an ardent fan
...Show more

mid and long distance composition could be an issue, but seems MP240's red frame line is way more helpful. I heard M10 remove it, hope it is not true.

However, as mentioned, I don't have trouble to nail focus with it. I had 75mm before, given LR now support stitch, having them space apart make more sense to me for coverage. My set for travel will be 21SEM, 50lux and 90APO and RX1. Stitch will cover all the intermediate focal.

75lux is a lens I'd liketo have but it is another heavy specialty lens, not to mention is very expensive. I have 80lux covered given I do prefer DSLR for portrait shooting with fast glass.

---------------------------------------------

joe88 wrote:
I like my 90Cron AA, very neutral rendering, but it is one of my least used lens because of weight. I end up taking my 90 Tele-E when travelling..

90 Tele-E

http://josephow.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-2/p2562639965-5.jpg

That is a lens I never tried. However I had 90 Elmarit, and having 90 Summarit and very old 90 elmar. 90APO is noticeable better than them all. and f2 is another dimension I value. I thought to use 90 Summarit to replace 90APO, but after careful AB test, I found Summarit doesn't give me anything extra other than 100g less weight. I prefer 90APO bokeh at f2 at the same setting, I prefer its better APO correction, and also it is sharper at f2 than Summarit at f2.5 at infinity. I will stick with 90APO for now. 50 years old Elmar is actually quite good, but filter ring will rotate with focusing is show stopper.

Here is one from Elmar I took.

Now a few 50lux WO images under almost same condition. This is really a FYI type of image post.

Oct 13, 2017 at 04:09 PM
tuannie
• • • • •
p.1524 #17 · p.1524 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I bought a Leica Q after weeks of reviews and debate. Sold my Fuji X-Pro2 and lenses to fund it for a trip to Vietnam recently. It lives up to all the hype and I much prefer it over the X-Pro2.

Oct 13, 2017 at 05:30 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.1524 #18 · p.1524 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

tuannie wrote:
I bought a Leica Q after weeks of reviews and debate. Sold my Fuji X-Pro2 and lenses to fund it for a trip to Vietnam recently. It lives up to all the hype and I much prefer it over the X-Pro2.

Great shots... love my Q also.

Oct 13, 2017 at 09:36 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1524 #19 · p.1524 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I love the variety on this thread! A few more:

28cron Tri-X 400

28cron Tri-X 400

28cron Tri-X 400

CV35/2.5 TriX 400

ZM35D TX400

Oct 14, 2017 at 02:17 AM
zipe
• •
p.1524 #20 · p.1524 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

tuannie wrote:

The same I did and I don't regret it.

Oct 14, 2017 at 08:31 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password