Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3              6       7       end

Archive 2017 · LR7

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · LR7

So, I have never tried Capture One, but I have been more and more tempted since LR's performance is so terrible on my machine...which is way more powerful that a program like LR should EVER need.

This might be a stupid question, but I am having a hard time finding clear information. If you import images edited in LR to Capture One, does CO take in any of the edits that were made in LR?

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:18 PM
GumaRodak
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · LR7

joelconner wrote:
So, I have never tried Capture One, but I have been more and more tempted since LR's performance is so terrible on my machine...which is way more powerful that a program like LR should EVER need.

This might be a stupid question, but I am having a hard time finding clear information. If you import images edited in LR to Capture One, does CO take in any of the edits that were made in LR?

no, because C1 algorithms are different

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:56 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · LR7

biggest issue for me on capture one is lack of catalog ability to filter.

I keep trying to kick the tire ... but find features I really need to operate.
when editing multiple shooters in a wedding.... ability to sort and adjust camera times... me need.

-Mark

Oct 13, 2017 at 06:44 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · LR7

LeeSimms wrote:
Completely lost me. I give them the same amount if the apps are godsmack or shite.

I don’t understand why you’re lost. Your next sentence is the problem. I get that you have roadblocks in your workflow. Most people don’t. Working around those roadblocks is a choice. This is all I’m trying to say. I haven’t given Adobe a penny since 2013, and I have no plan to again. Yet, I still have no problem editing on older apps, or finding work arounds. The point being, if everyone keeps handing Adobe money blindly, they will stick to the same old habits.

Oct 13, 2017 at 07:32 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · LR7

Meh, who cares. Performance issues should be fixed next Wednesday.

Oct 13, 2017 at 07:54 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · LR7

I've tried C1 twice and tried to edit a wedding with OnOne early this year. Trying not to keep my head in the sand.

Oct 13, 2017 at 08:00 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · LR7

ZachOly wrote:
Meh, who cares. Performance issues should be fixed next Wednesday.

Who says? Adobe? LMFAO

Oct 13, 2017 at 08:57 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · LR7

amonline wrote:
Who says? Adobe? LMFAO

Rumor(s) seem to indicate a boost in performance. We'll find out for sure in 5 days. Complaining out LR6 is a waste of time at this point.

Oct 13, 2017 at 09:05 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · LR7

GumaRodak wrote:
no, because C1 algorithms are different

That's what I had always assumed, but then I read someone saying that when importing LR catalogs to CO that it will keep some of the settings.

Oct 13, 2017 at 09:14 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · LR7

ZachOly wrote:
Rumor(s) seem to indicate a boost in performance. We'll find out for sure in 5 days. Complaining out LR6 is a waste of time at this point.

I have no stability or speed issues. I stuck with LR5, when it was stable. I'm no dummy.

Oct 13, 2017 at 01:38 PM
GumaRodak
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · LR7

well, i didnt switch from LR because of performance, to be honest, LR is faster for me as the C1 since i need to have GPU off in C1, but C1 has simply better processing and output.

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:22 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · LR7

joelconner wrote:
That's what I had always assumed, but then I read someone saying that when importing LR catalogs to CO that it will keep some of the settings.

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:26 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · LR7

joelconner wrote:

I heard that too. None of the selective tools or profiles go across but some of the global settings can be read and transferred.

But, would you bother?

Just leave your copy of LR in read mode for old jobs and start fresh with C1.?

Gordon

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:27 PM
Oscarsmadness
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · LR7

I have the perpetual license on LR5 and I'm happy as a clam. Most of the time. When I upgrade software, I'm probably moving to Capture One if the next version of Lightroom doesn't make much of an improvement.

For LR stuff, I usually watch what Victoria Bampton is doing before I try anything myself. Helps me make better educated guesses

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · LR7

Does Lr 5 have radial gradients?
Just trying to remember the differences....

Oct 14, 2017 at 01:11 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · LR7

Ziffl3 wrote:
Does Lr 5 have radial gradients?
Just trying to remember the differences....

If you mean filter, yes.

Oct 14, 2017 at 01:35 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · LR7

Ziffl3 wrote:
biggest issue for me on capture one is lack of catalog ability to filter.

I keep trying to kick the tire ... but find features I really need to operate.
when editing multiple shooters in a wedding.... ability to sort and adjust camera times... me need.

-Mark

I've tried 3 versions of C1 now and each time come back with the same view: it just isn't a proper workflow tool for event photographers like LR. C1 is made to shoot tethered in a studio with phase backs and rather than a proper database spews sidecar files everywhere.

Oct 14, 2017 at 09:24 AM
Oscarsmadness
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · LR7

I love the Library functions of Lightroom. Trying to get anything done in Develop though..... IDK what the other modules in LR are. I never use them.

Anybody do the Photomechanic + C1 combo? I imagine C1 isn't going to do ingest and cull like PM or LR does.

Oct 14, 2017 at 09:11 PM
GumaRodak
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · LR7

I switch to c1, the workflow to LR is similar. Basicaly, in c1, you can do your UI completely custom. You can rearrange your tools in order as you normally do your workflow and save it. You can have more UI saved, based on what you are working on and what tools you need for that.

For culling i use fastrawviewer - cheap and effective

Oct 15, 2017 at 05:16 AM
Mykal
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · LR7

My biggest gripe with C1 is the clone tool. Lightroom’s clone tool isn’t great either but still way ahead of C1’s.

Oct 15, 2017 at 07:34 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.