Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR7

https://photorumors.com/2017/09/18/adobe-lightroom-7-rumors/

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:12 AM
GumaRodak
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR7

I already switched to capture one and waiting for the v11 release, to purchase....

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR7

Not much in the way of rumors for this one.

I'll most likely upgrade after the first or second update. Version x.00 is always buggy.

Oct 12, 2017 at 05:36 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LR7

LeeSimms wrote:
Anyone hear anything? October 18?

Why should anyone care? Oh that’s right, we actually need a version that works and doesn’t crawl along like a tortise.

Oct 12, 2017 at 06:31 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LR7

In addition to the obvious speed issues, Adobe is working on a stronger multi-platform, cloud based group edit system. I remember reading there will be three versions of LR7, with the desktop version called "classic".

With all of our workarounds, current LR is still a bit laggy. A lag-free version would be like getting a new computer.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LR7

LeeSimms wrote:
A lag-free version would be like getting a new computer.

That is a true statement but what reason do I have to have confidence that Adobe can build such a product or more important deliver such a product to their users that is not bloated with gobbeldy-gook that you do not need?

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:04 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LR7

Or, we could just turn this thread into another LR rant.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:16 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LR7

LeeSimms wrote:
Or, we could just turn this thread into another LR rant.

Yeah, what else is there to do? When it comes to LR.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:17 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LR7

The bottom line is, Adobe has suckered wedding photographers into the "Apple-upgrade-mentality". You guys keep buying incremental updates. They simply don't care anymore beyond a targeted amount of sales for a significant profit over their minimal work. Adobe cares far more about their mobile platform, and it is obvious.

Until you guys boycott Adobe by moving to alternative products, they're going to continue these tactics. It was time to leave LR in 2013. All you guys have been ranting since LR5.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:59 AM
ayjayy
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · LR7

if only capture one could steal adobe's auto-upright feature.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:09 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · LR7

"don't care anymore" might be overstating but the lack of Metal graphics support on the Mac side could warrant the accusation.

Oct 12, 2017 at 01:05 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · LR7

ayjayy wrote:
if only capture one could steal adobe's auto-upright feature.

If only capture one could deal with about half of my cameras......

Gordon

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:14 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · LR7

amonline wrote:
The bottom line is, Adobe has suckered wedding photographers into the "Apple-upgrade-mentality". You guys keep buying incremental updates. They simply don't care anymore beyond a targeted amount of sales for a significant profit over their minimal work. Adobe cares far more about their mobile platform, and it is obvious.

Until you guys boycott Adobe by moving to alternative products, they're going to continue these tactics. It was time to leave LR in 2013. All you guys have been ranting since LR5.

So what's better? All the available converters require an upgrade for future camera compatibility. OnOne is awful and required a paid upgrade after only 8 months. Capture One doesn't support some cameras and is super slow to add support for the ones they deal with. And on my machines it's no faster than LR. Irident has zero workflow assistance and f*** all features to help me work. Corel? haha......

So what do I change to if I need a cross platform raw converter and pixel level image editor?

I pay AUD$130.00 per anum for LR AND Photoshop. For a working photographer that's peanuts. I spend more than that on coffee in a month. If I stop paying I still have access to the files I processed previously in a read only program with export, which renders all the *hostage* arguments as bullshit. The issue isn't the price. If you can't afford LR CC them retire now. LR needs to run more efficiently on normal hardware rather than the super computers at Adobe. That's all.

Gordon

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:27 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · LR7

Changing to another product is a choice. The point was, stop giving them money every single time they release a POS update.

Oct 12, 2017 at 08:29 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · LR7

I give them 10USB every month — cloud account. I think my Netflix monthly account is more and I don't run my business on it.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:36 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · LR7

Please, lets keep this thread positive — discussing new features, performance, app versions.

If you want to dump on Adobe, I've started a new thread to accept your love ...

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1512607/0#lastmessage

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:41 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · LR7

LeeSimms wrote:
I give them 10USB every month — cloud account. I think my Netflix monthly account is more and I don't run my business on it.

That’s what they’re counting on... thus, my original post.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · LR7

Completely lost me. I give them the same amount if the apps are godsmack or shite. Hoping for godsmack this time, but I know at the very least it will be a better total solution than the competitors. I wish that weren't true but for all the talk of better editing apps from other companies, we're still stuck with Adobe. Nobody's dethroned them yet. If the other stuff was better overall, photographers would switch.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM
       2       3              6       7       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.