Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | PayPal Gift Warning
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

FS: NEX-7 650-700nm Infrared Converted - 50mm Lens - Bat...

bluloo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: NEX-7 650-700nm Infrared Converted - 50mm Lens - Battery, 64GB SD card. Exc+ condition.

Item updated in the last 24 hours    NEX-7 650-700nm Infrared Converted - 50mm lens -Battery, 64GB SD card, Charger

Item still Available

Price: $360.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking and insurance. International extra, at cost.

Sony Nex-7 24.3MP camera body. Converted to 650nm-700nm IR by image-laboratories.
Minolta 50mm F/2 MD Mount Manual Focus Lens. Purchased from KEH (rated excellent - not pictured).

Camera is in excellent condition, and rarely used. Has screen protector on LCD (has small air bubble under protector the I never bothered to remove).
Also includes a new, universal LCD screen protector.

Includes Nex-7 camera body, front cap, Minolta 50mm F2 lens, 64GB memory card, shoulder strap, battery, battery charger and USB cable.
Also have an aftermarket battery charger I will include as well.
Shutter count: 8003

FYI - Several members have PM'd, and noted they're generally unfamiliar with IR photography.

Below is a link with some basics for those interested.

http://www.joecolsonphotography.com/2015/07/23/infrared-photography-with-the-sony

$360, Payment via regular PP, inclusive of fees and domestic USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking and insurance.
International extra, at cost.

Note - I double checked the conversion wavelength, and it's 650nm-700nm. Description and title amended.

Sample Sample IR photo with Vario-Sonnar 35-70

NEX-7    Zeiss Vario Sonnar 35-70mm F3.4 Macro lens    1/500s    100 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Edited on Sep 17, 2017 at 09:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 08, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Tom Conway
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: NEX-7 650-700nm Infrared Converted - 50mm Lens - Battery, 64GB SD card. Exc+ condition.

PM sent.

Sep 10, 2017 at 02:57 PM
bluloo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: NEX-7 650-700nm Infrared Converted - 50mm Lens - Battery, 64GB SD card. Exc+ condition.

A few more IR samples from the camera. These were taken when the camera was converted to full-spectrum, and I used a filter to capture IR images - I don't recall the wavelength.

Schoolyard Tree by lareginl, on Flickr

Anderson Park Tree by lareginl, on Flickr

Christ Church by lareginl, on Flickr

Below, I've attached two SOOC jpgs with the sky and foliage, for reference of your starting point, and a quick conversion to B&W of the .jpg. Using a RAW file would net you much greater control.
This is for general reference.

Use of different IR filters, will yield different visual results. This was taken with a Minolta 50mm F2, with no IR filter.

Below that, are two quick out-the-window snaps, the first with a 720nm filter, and the second an 800nm filter (2nd converted to B&W) to show the dramatic cloud/sky effects possible with IR.

Starting point SOOC jpg.

B&W conversion of jpg.

720nm IR filter

NEX-7    ---- lens    1/2500s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

800nm IR filter, B&W conversion

NEX-7    ---- lens    1/2500s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Sep 15, 2017 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password