Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Amber waves

rlong5

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Amber waves

When shooting this, I had visions of combining exposures or opening shadows to show green sea oats and white dune along the bottom. In playing with a RAW file, I quickly came to the conclusion that a silhouette would look much better. Thoughts?

Amber waves at sunrise

X-T2    XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR lens    55mm    f/9.0    1/38s    200 ISO    -2.0 EV  

Edited on Aug 12, 2017 at 02:19 PM · View previous versions

Aug 12, 2017 at 01:30 AM
dswiger
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Amber waves

I really like the top 90% of this shot.
Not so sure about the bottom silhouette as the silhouetted areas at the bottom look "blocked up"

If you have another exposure that will align & blend, I would try blending the lifted bottom with the current top (90%)

Dan

Aug 12, 2017 at 01:36 AM
rlong5

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Amber waves

Thanks, Dan. Not sure why it's doing that at the bottom; but I'm sure it's a function of my poor digital skills. Original image is fine, reduced image for upload here shows that just a little, viewing on the web looks pretty bad.

Aug 12, 2017 at 02:03 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Amber waves

I like what you came up with here, silhouetting doesn't always work, but I think it does here.

Jim

Aug 13, 2017 at 08:01 AM
rlong5

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Amber waves

Thanks, Jim.

I've now uploaded and deleted three different version of this; each time the blacks look muddled when view on the web. They look clean when viewed directed from my hard drive. I must be missing something obvious. Suggestions?

Aug 13, 2017 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password