Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Granville island market (street portraits)

mxwizard1
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Granville island market (street portraits)

This is Vancouver's version of Pike Place market in Seattle...A great spot for this kind of photography. Your opinions are most welcome. The 3rd is my favorite.

X-T2    XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens    55mm    f/4.5    1/125s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

X-T2    XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens    55mm    f/4.0    1/90s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

X-T2    XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens    34mm    f/4.0    1/220s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Granville island market (street portraits)

What a great place! And great work on BW conversions. Seems like an excellent choice.
First sets the stage well. Love the pipes above and the light coming down. Excellent processing
Second is a nice candid. I kind of wish the woman right image was making eye contact, but her wide open eyes, expression, glasses, keep me pulled back in. Maybe a bit heavy on the vignette on the left.
Third is an interesting capture. I keep wondering about the illumination of his forehead and cheek. Phone? Laptop? Makes me want to see what he is viewing.

Scott

Jul 17, 2017 at 02:10 AM
mxwizard1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Granville island market (street portraits)

It gets so crowded there it makes it tough to walk around...All 3 images just appeared so quickly I didn't have time or room to compose better images...That's my story..😀. The 3rd image I was almost in the stall with him....Thanks for thoughts Scott.

Jul 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Granville island market (street portraits)

You've crossed over to the dark side, entering the world of street photography.

I applaud you for getting close to people which is essential and often uncomfortable for many. To make these images rise to a higher level, you need to be telling a stronger story. For instance, in photo #2 and #3, we see the workers' faces which are interesting but do not know what they're selling or how they're relating to their customers. What makes these trades people special or expert in what they're doing? You mentioned that the market was extremely crowded but your photos don't reveal that. Perhaps there are other photos you took that reveal more?

As a suggestion if you get back there, you might stake out one booth, study it for a while before you start shooting, even talk to the trades people. Then keep shooting....lots.

Steve

Jul 18, 2017 at 02:16 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password