Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2017 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

kgibsonlane

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

For times I only wanted to carry an extra lens, I went with the Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 10. It's a bit boxier but I picked it because I could fit my Fuji Xt2 gripped in it with another lens underneath. It's a good little bag.

Jul 07, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Steve Wylie wrote:
I often have to shoot with two bodies and three lenses during concerts. One lens on each camera. The third lens, on point to your request, is placed in a small climber's chalk bag, which is clipped to my belt loops with two very small carabiners. The critical need on the bag is to have a couple of little loops that can accommodate the carabiners; most have them. The bag has a drawstring closure at the top, which ensures that the lens won't fall out. There's not much padding there, but it does the job very well, with practically
...Show more

Great suggestion with the chalk bag. I take a couple different approaches depending if it's a working carry situation or an average day with the family or otherwise.

I'll use on if the smaller light think tank skin bags...even Judy the one designed for a water bottle, or a fanny pack which is generally draped over my shoulder or as a sling bag.

The fanny pack adds value by also holding keys, sunglasses, extra battery, etc

Jul 07, 2017 at 01:13 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Pictures please.

rdeloe wrote:
+1 for the ThinkTank Retrospective line. I just loaded a Retrospective 5 for a week long trip. It contains the following:

Fuji X-T2
Fuji 35/2
Fuji 14/2.8
Olympus OM 21/3.5
Olympus OM 28/3.5
Olympus OM 50/1.4
Olympus OM 100/2.8
Kipon OM-FX tilt-shift adapter
Two polarizers
Spare batteries
Three sizes of screw on lens hoods
Cleaning supplies

It's snug, but it all fits in there and makes a tiny little bag!

Jul 07, 2017 at 01:41 PM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Sure, here you go

Bag loaded closed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LdVznTJdvWeEdCeGdOa1ZmZkk

Bag open loaded: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LdVznTJdvWYW9XdWctMkpUOTA

Unloaded showing everything that's inside: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LdVznTJdvWSi1wOW1TNVVtRTQ

Empty showing dividers: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LdVznTJdvWNU03YmZ0QXRZVTQ
On the left-hand side in this picture, an important divider is the one in the space for the camera. It's angled up from the bottom and I can slip a lens underneath; this is where my OM 100/2.8 lives. Camera sits on top.

Rear pocket for rain shield: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7LdVznTJdvWUXhPWE1KSlNYWXc

kewlcanon wrote:
Pictures please.

Jul 08, 2017 at 08:33 AM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Thanks all. I ended up picking up a Domke F-5XB. It's a bit cozy but fits my X-T2 and 2-3 lenses (with one mounted on the body) just fine.

Hopefully this thread can serve as a good reference for those looking for smaller bags/carrying options.

Jul 12, 2017 at 09:21 AM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Peak Design Sling. Its my favorite bag. It doesn't hold everything, but its size and versatility make it my all time favorite bag.

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM
echelonphoto
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Never carry bags...have 4 lenses on a generic belt with small lens pouches...camera on a sling strap or hung on belt with a spyder holster. Belt can be worn on waist or carried over the shoulder, very versatile

Jul 16, 2017 at 07:53 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I second the ONA bowery wholeheartedly. It fits my xt1 + 10-24 + 35 1.4 + 55-200 when necessary, but usually leave the 55-200 home as I don't use it that often. It fits the above, plus 2-3batteries, my cell, wallet, glasses.

Its the most comfortable bag I ever owned, with a really comfortable strap and one of those..."how many clowns can you fit in a VW" scenarios ...it even fit my surface pro 2; now the pro 3 is just too big for it. I have clamed a peak design quick release Capture Pro on the strap and carry the body outside the bag when shooting frequently, which ads another lens inside if needed.
This is the clamp:
capture pro

Having taken it through 4 continents, a number of seas and all sorts of weather conditions, I would recommend the leather one over the canvas; it may see like a big cost but on hindsight it would have been well worth this more robust option. Mine is still holding up very well but has faded quite a bit.

loosetrucks wrote:
I'm using a small shoulder camera bag to carry my X-T20 with 23 f/2 attached along with my 35 f/2 and sometimes even my 14 f/2.8. Everything fits nicely along with room for other personal items/electronics (notebook, power bank, charging cable, extra camera battery, pocket notebook, pen, and iPad mini.

Here's the one I've got: https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-bowery.html?color=black

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:34 PM
stoutvisual
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Anyone have experience with the Tenba Cooper 8? It looks to be similar in capacity to the ThinkTank Retrospective 5, but with a few added benefis. I really hate that the Retrospective does not zip up beneath the flap. The Cooper does. It also includes a top zipper for quick access without lifting the flap. And frankly, I prefer the styling of the Cooper, unless I were to get the leather version of the Retrospective. Any thoughts?

*Edit: I'm thinking X-T1, 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4 and 56mm.

Jul 17, 2017 at 03:26 PM
stoutvisual
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

echelonphoto wrote:
Never carry bags...have 4 lenses on a generic belt with small lens pouches...camera on a sling strap or hung on belt with a spyder holster. Belt can be worn on waist or carried over the shoulder, very versatile

Personally, I don't know if I'd want to go that far. But for a single lens outing, I love using my BlackRapid Cross Shot sling. Better yet, if I'm doing dual cameras, I can sling my X-T1 to one side with a 23mm, and set my X-E1 with a 56mm on the other side with a Spyder Holster and a wrist strap. If I ever want to carry anything else, I can just pop that stuff in a backpack.

Jul 17, 2017 at 03:46 PM
npolta

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I'm another one for the put it in your pocket crowd. I usually have at least a lightweight hoodie, if not a full on coat - so I always have extra pockets to fit a couple small lenses.

Jul 17, 2017 at 03:57 PM
stoutvisual
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

npolta wrote:
I'm another one for the put it in your pocket crowd. I usually have at least a lightweight hoodie, if not a full on coat - so I always have extra pockets to fit a couple small lenses.

I'd gladly wear a hoodie everyday, if it didn't mean I would die of heat exhaustion.

Jul 17, 2017 at 04:21 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

stoutvisual wrote:
Personally, I don't know if I'd want to go that far. But for a single lens outing, I love using my BlackRapid Cross Shot sling. Better yet, if I'm doing dual cameras, I can sling my X-T1 to one side with a 23mm, and set my X-E1 with a 56mm on the other side with a Spyder Holster and a wrist strap. If I ever want to carry anything else, I can just pop that stuff in a backpack.

Those are the times when I'm glad my wife carries a big purse.

Jul 17, 2017 at 04:57 PM
jpsassy1965

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

I use a Think Tank Turnstyle 10. Fits what i need. Only issue is no tripod holder but I just shove a Pedco UltraPod II Lightweight Tripod.

Jul 17, 2017 at 08:36 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

When shooting for fun, pleasure and unpaid I never carry more than one lens but if I had to I would take a second one in any secure pocket !

Jul 20, 2017 at 05:25 PM
lecter62

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Billingham Hadley Small
https://www.billingham.co.uk/hadley-small.html

XT2 with 10-24
+16 1.4
+35 1.4
+iPad Air 2
+4 batteries
+small flash
........and i still have an empty pocket in front useful for wallet, glass, keys......
water resistant material....no cover. Expensive but exceptional

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:54 PM
DaveG_NJ

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Ona Bowery. Perfect for one body and two lenses...

Nikon Df with Voigtlander 20mm by Dave, on Flickr

Sep 09, 2017 at 09:48 AM
DaveG_NJ

p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Ona Brixton is also very nice if you need a little more room...

Ona Bags - Brixton & Bowery by Dave, on Flickr

Sep 09, 2017 at 09:52 AM
dmcharg
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

Billingham Hadley Digital and Billingham Hadley small are perfect for this. I have Fuji xpro 2 - 23/35/50 f2 + 55-200 depending on what i want to carry i use either the hadley digital or hadley small. Both are really excellent and i feel preserve the small compact feeling of using the fuji system. I have been thru a ton of other bags all of which have been sold since i purchased these 2 small bags.

Sep 10, 2017 at 07:18 AM
njfantastico
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · How do you carry just one or two Fuji lenses?

It all depends on where you are going and what you are doing.

I have small pouches that go on a belt loop, i prefer to carry my lenses that way.

If i am just simply running around and want my camera, i have a few very small bags that don't scream, steal me. Find the smallest bag you can find that does not look camera related.

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:55 AM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.