Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

After getting rid of the Sony 43 flash I got the Nissin Digital Di700A but I'm having inconsistency with it and the manual and youtube have not been clear on it's complete use

There are now 13 flashes available for the Multi Interface Shoe

Sony now has updated the firmware to solve the over heating issues with there flash but what one of the many do you love the most?

Bolt
Metz Mecablitz Flashes
Nissin Digital
Phottix
Sony

Jun 11, 2017 at 12:50 AM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

Even by OEM standards, Sony flashes are expensive, so I'm interested in this thread. Another cheap option is Flashpoint (Adorama house brand) at $120 for a big unit. Am currently using Canon and Nikon flashes, but they don't securely fit the damn Sony MMI shoe.

Jun 11, 2017 at 02:51 AM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

I'm going to do a day shoot tomorrow with the Nissin Digital Di700A and give it one more chance
I was experimenting in TTL and seem to finally be consistent (will see)
All the youboob videos ALWAYS talk about the wireless Air one unit but nothing about the flash wtf?
The Nissin Digital Di700A is nicely made and the read out works even in full sun and the shoe fits solid

Jun 11, 2017 at 03:00 AM
FFaccount

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

I will add to that question. I have the 32 of Sony. It has the same problem all Sony flashes have. HSS just works if you point it straight at the subject. If you turn or swivel the head HSS turns off and the camera forces the shutter down to 1/250.
Is there any third party option that doesn’t do this? The implementation is completely stupid, because of camera flash can work with HSS pointed in any direction. Just if you mount the flash to the camera you lose the ability of HSS bounce flash -.-

Jul 16, 2017 at 03:25 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

Quite a few Sony folks are reporting good results with the Godox (aka Flashpoint & Cheetah) line of flashes. You can check it out by browsing through the Godox User Group forum on FB.

Jul 17, 2017 at 01:55 AM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

PrecisionPhoto wrote:
I'm going to do a day shoot tomorrow with the Nissin Digital Di700A and give it one more chance
I was experimenting in TTL and seem to finally be consistent (will see)
All the youboob videos ALWAYS talk about the wireless Air one unit but nothing about the flash wtf?
The Nissin Digital Di700A is nicely made and the read out works even in full sun and the shoe fits solid

After future use of the Nissin Digital Di700A in TTL mode it works perfect for me

Jul 17, 2017 at 01:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

FFaccount

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

After future use of the Nissin Digital Di700A in TTL mode it works perfect for me

Could you please test if HSS Bounce Flash works? Or if there is the same mechanism of the Sony flashes?

Jul 17, 2017 at 08:16 AM
echelonphoto
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

problem with using hss in bounce mode with these small flashes is there is just not enough power to have any real effect in that mode

Jul 17, 2017 at 02:00 PM
echelonphoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

If you really want versatility....get the the new godox mini 350 and use it as a trigger to control and off camera flash such as the new godox 200

Jul 17, 2017 at 02:01 PM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

FFaccount wrote:
Could you please test if HSS Bounce Flash works? Or if there is the same mechanism of the Sony flashes?

I don't see HSS but I know it's capable of this mode at really high speeds

Jul 17, 2017 at 03:10 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A better flash for Sony cameras then there native flashes ?

BigIronCruiser wrote:
Quite a few Sony folks are reporting good results with the Godox (aka Flashpoint & Cheetah) line of flashes. You can check it out by browsing through the Godox User Group forum on FB.

Godox are being recommended by many shooters now. Especially with their X1-T triggers. Way below standard OEM prices but many pros love their range of studio and transportable lights, all with great features. Full TTL and 1/8000 sync on their better flashes (ca. US$100) too. Check them out YouTube.

Note their Sony MI compatible triggers, speedlights etc. have the S designation. e.g. X1-TS

Aug 11, 2017 at 05:16 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password