New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

pjbishop
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

I am selling the mid 2015 retina to get a better processor and the expanded color gamut of the late 2015 ( rumor is that the updated iMacs coming later this year will have USB-C ports, which would be greatly inconvenient and require the purchase of a boatload of dongles ) and I have simple, stupid question to anyone who has the late '15 - it DOES come with Image Capture, the nice little calculator and the Dictionary/Thesaurus like the earlier models, doesn't it?

And also, what do think of the color?

May 16, 2017 at 09:40 PM
TimMunsey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

Interesting, I would have thought this is more of a question about Sierra rather than the machine itself. Perhaps read about Sierra.

May 17, 2017 at 06:52 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

Tim, you're absolutely right - those particular programs, which I use constantly, come as part of the OS,not the machine, opposed to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, which are favors given with new machines. It WAS a dumb question. I can be pretty sure that the crucial app Image Capture and the others will be there.

I did do some searching at Apple and in general, couldn't find anything, probably because these programs are just taken for granted. I was having a brief panic when I wrote because I was worried about having my tried and true procedures upended because Apple got in one its minimization moods.

May 19, 2017 at 03:19 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

pjbishop wrote:
I am selling the mid 2015 retina to get a better processor and the expanded color gamut of the late 2015 ( rumor is that the updated iMacs coming later this year will have USB-C ports, which would be greatly inconvenient and require the purchase of a boatload of dongles ) and I have simple, stupid question to anyone who has the late '15 - it DOES come with Image Capture, the nice little calculator and the Dictionary/Thesaurus like the earlier models, doesn't it?

And also, what do think of the color?

Yes my 2015 5K iMac has all those things but as mentioned those are dependent on the OSX, not the iMac. But if newer OSX had removed those things then the new iMac wouldn't have them so the question is somewhat valid. I'm on the latest release of OSX and those are all there.

My older iMac is a 2009 that I use as a 2nd screen so I'm not sure how the colour compares to the one you have. The 5K is much nicer than my 2009...that is for sure.

May 19, 2017 at 11:25 PM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about Late 2015 Retina iMac

Thank you for the reassurance, Arbitrage. I'm just about to google ( that is, 'google' in Duck Duck Go ) on the color difference question. I've been wallowing in dissatisfaction ever since buying the mid-2015 in August or September, '15 ( neglect due diligence at your own risk! ) and a month later comes the new model with expanded color. Anyway, I have hopes for the new one with the better processor and the 395X card. The mid 15 has been a bit slow, whereas the old 2006 was quite zippy, even with big files.

"I'm not sure how the colour compares to the one you have"

May 20, 2017 at 12:35 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password