Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | PayPal Gift Warning
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTU...

digitalstew
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens

Item Withdrawn

Price: $715.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: Shipping to CONUS via insured USPS Priority Mail included in price.

I've been hesitant to let his go, because I love playing with this lens, but I just don't use it much at all. Maybe someone else would, so here it is.

I purchased it used (rated VG) from Adorama through Amazon about 8 months ago and have probably used it a handful of times. The lens body is clean and mark free, the glass is clean and clear, and everything works perfectly.

I only have the lens itself, rear cap, front leather cover, and cloth lens pouch. No box or papers.

Price includes all PayPal fees and insured USPS Priority Mail shipping to CONUS.

Photo taken with the 14mm f/2.8

Edited on May 13, 2017 at 01:06 AM · View previous versions

Mar 16, 2017 at 07:02 PM
classicph
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

pictures?

Mar 29, 2017 at 07:44 PM
thefuzzyone
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

Nice example pictures.
Do you know how this compares to the 14mm that is in the 14-24 zoom?
Or is this more about the compact size?

Apr 15, 2017 at 06:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

digitalstew
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

I don't really know, since I've never owned the 14-24 zoom. I tend towards primes for my personal stuff, and I've never had the need for a focal length that wide in the few paid assignments I do.

Just a cursory Google search seems to indicate that many prefer the 14-24 at 14mm over the 14mm prime, but there are a few who swear by the prime. One person noted that the 14mm prime actually lets in more light, even with the same aperture, vs. the zoom because of light transmission loss with more elements in the zoom (approximately 2/3 of a stop difference). Weight is also another reason. Apparently the prime is about 12oz lighter.

In terms of image quality, they seem to be judged about the same in the center, but the 14mm prime is softer in the corners and has slightly more vignetting. They both require special setups to use filters because of the convex front element.

So, I'd say if you don't need the range of the zoom (i.e., you just want the ultra wide angle view), want less weight in your bag, and need all the light-gathering power you can get (e.g., star photography), then go with the prime. If you'd rather have the range, higher IQ in the corners, and don't mind the extra weight, then get the zoom.

I've added a photograph of the stars and the Milky Way in my back yard, taken with the 14mm prime wide open. It's around a 30 second exposure, I think.

Apr 15, 2017 at 05:48 PM
tegel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

PM sent.

Apr 20, 2017 at 05:19 PM
digitalstew
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Withdrawn: Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED lens - PICTURES ADDED

Still available, folks. Surely someone could use it?

May 03, 2017 at 12:23 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password