Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Site login on mobile site broken?

garyvot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Site login on mobile site broken?

Hi Fred. Currently I seem to be unable to log into the mobile FM site. The login page displays the username text edit control only; the password text control is missing.

Tested on March 9, 2017 using both Edge on my AT&T Microsoft Lumia 950 running Windows 10 Mobile "Creators Update" (Insider Fast), and on my AT&T LG G5 with Chrome and Firefox running Android 7.0 'Nougat' (production). All browsers showing the same issue.

Thanks for listening.

Gary

Edit: To clarify, what specifically is happening is that after entering your user name and tapping "Login", the "Welcome back" message appears, and prompts you to "Enter your password in the field below". However, the password field is never shown and the username field remains displayed.

Thanks.

Mar 09, 2017 at 04:37 PM
jimmy462
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Site login on mobile site broken?

Experiencing the same "password text conrol is missing" when trying to login from Firefox on OSX.

Also, all unread forum names now in unreadable blue (vs the standard orange) and read forum names in even-more-unreadable purple at...

FM Forums:
[url=https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/index.php]https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/index.php]

Thought you'd like to know, Fred.

Jimmy G

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:28 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Site login on mobile site broken?

If you switch subforums you should see it change back to readable.

jimmy462 wrote:
Experiencing the same "password text conrol is missing" when trying to login from Firefox on OSX.

Also, all unread forum names now in unreadable blue (vs the standard orange) and read forum names in even-more-unreadable purple at...

FM Forums:
[url=https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/index.php]https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/index.php]

Thought you'd like to know, Fred.

Jimmy G

Mar 11, 2017 at 02:14 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Site login on mobile site broken?

This should be fixed now.

We separate the login pages. Now we start with the username and the password goes to a separate page.
The password page is HTTPS to make it even safer. Passwords were encrypted before this change but we just want to be as secure as possible.
Fred

Mar 11, 2017 at 04:05 PM
jimmy462
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Site login on mobile site broken?

Thanks, Fred, for the login update information, I figured the change had to do with security. What tripped me up was the redirect to the funky colored main forum page (linked above)! As you mention...all solved now!

Thanks for the reply!
Jimmy G

Mar 12, 2017 at 07:33 PM
ELinder
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Site login on mobile site broken?

The new login works OK on my iMac/Safari with the saved username and password being automatically filled in, but on my iPad/Safari I have to manually type in my username every time, then on the password page it can automatically fill that in. Will that Username autofill be re-enabled at some point?

Erich

Mar 15, 2017 at 09:19 AM
vbnut
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Site login on mobile site broken?

Can I register my dislike of the new login/password pages. I find it quite jarring to have to go to a separate page to enter the password, and I'm mystified why that would be considered more secure (I have 30 years of S/W development experience, not that it matters).

Can you at least make the default/initial focus the text input field on the password page? Currently I have to tab to or click in the input field before I can type my password (I'm using Firefox 50.0.1 on Windows 10 Home in case that matters).

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:22 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Site login on mobile site broken?

@Fred Miranda
I find the missing focus annoying as well. Windows 7 and Firefox here.

vbnut wrote:
Can I register my dislike of the new login/password pages. I find it quite jarring to have to go to a separate page to enter the password, and I'm mystified why that would be considered more secure (I have 30 years of S/W development experience, not that it matters).

Can you at least make the default/initial focus the text input field on the password page? Currently I have to tab to or click in the input field before I can type my password (I'm using Firefox 50.0.1 on Windows 10 Home in case that matters).

Mar 19, 2017 at 04:18 PM
dog rocket
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Site login on mobile site broken?

Apple iPhone and iPad would always allow me to use my autosaved login and password. I no longer have that option and must write in my username every time. That's kind of a nuisance on mobile devices.

Mar 20, 2017 at 05:15 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.